Hair loss can lead to emotional stress and trauma for many. Although hair loss is not a debilitating or life-threatening illness, but the very thought of hair loss can give sleepless nights. Given that people connect with their self-esteem baldness, hair loss sufferers spend billions of dollars annually on remedial measures ranging from drugs, vitamins for hair oils and shampoos.
It’s having shown that too little biotin and Pantothenic acid (both B-complex vitamins) can lead to dry hair. However, evidence supporting the benefits of Pantothenic acid for dry hair and hair loss is very weak. Also, some people with hair loss have low blood levels of biotin. While the evidence is not strong, it may be worthwhile to try taking supplements of pantothenic acid and biotin bothersome hair conditions not helped by hair treatment products. Iron zinc also affect hair growth.
Because of the side effects involved in the conventional treatment for hair loss, significant increase in interest in alternative therapies, such as 5000 years old science of Ayurveda. Ayurveda, the ancient science of medicine has been using herbs to treat hair loss effectively. Ayurvedic herbs from their natural resources and, therefore, without side effects. Here we discuss some of the herbs that are believed to reduce the rate of hair loss and also stimulate new hair growth. These herbs have proven to be practical, natural, and effective for centuries.
• Aloe Vera Barbadensis Miller and considered one of the best herbs for hair loss. Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent hair loss and even beneficial for the treatment of alopecia. In addition, the herb is also known to stimulate hair growth.
• Shikakai is one of the Ayurvedic herb used for strengthening and conditioning properties to hair. Controls dandruff, promotes hair growth and strengthens hair roots. It is generally known as “fruit for hair” as it has a naturally mild pH, which gently cleanses hair without stripping it of natural oils.
• Eclipse Alba (bhringraj) is the best known herb for the prevention of premature balding and graying. All plants and seeds bhringraj have great medicinal value. Bhrngaraja is useful both, internally and externally.
• Emblica Officinalis, or Indian gooseberry is one of the most popular natural product for overall health of hair. It enriches hair growth and pigmentation of hair. Currants also strengthens the hair root, retains its color and shine. Eat fresh fruit or apply paste on hair roots improves hair growth and color. It is popular in India as Amla.
• Soap Nuts (Sapindus mukorossi) herb liquid can be effectively used to clean the hair in place of your regular shampoo. Popular Reetha as in India, soap nut is an excellent hair tonic and used as a natural cleanser for washing hair and forms a rich, natural lather. The rural children in India to wash their hair, use as energy produced natural shampoo.
• Henna is another excellent herb for maintaining healthy hair. Henna or Inermis can enrich the color and enhance the overall health of hair.. It is a powerful and natural hair conditioner that can help heal the hair shaft by repairing and sealing the cuticle, protecting hair against breakage and loss of shine.
• Indian Neem and helps remove dandruff and has a detangling effect. Available anti-dandruff, anti-bacterial, anti viral and fungicidal properties and thus protect or fight off infections of the scalp.
• Fenugreek is an effective Herb proven to increase hair growth and reduce male pattern baldness. The seeds of Fenugreek are extremely powerful and thus have a medicinal effect to reduce balding. The crushed or boiled seeds are found only in restoring hair.