The severity and nature of baldness can vary greatly; it does range from male and female pattern alopecia, alopecia areata, which involves the loss of just some of the hair from the head, and alopecia totalis, which involves the loss of all head hair, to the most extreme form, alopecia universalis, which involves the loss of all hair from the head and the whole body. To prevent hair loss naturally you will need to find home remedies using readily available foods and products. Below, there are some natural remedies for hair loss reduction and prevention, which are frequently used by todays housewives and must be available at every kitchen:
1. Rub an onion slice on the affected area of your scalp. Stay at it until some redness occurs. Next rub in some honey. Adherents to this method say it will help boost circulation in your scalp and may facilitate hair growth.
2. Include vitamin C to prevent hair loss and encourage hair restoration for those going bald. Vitamin C is a natural part of healthy hair and an important dietary addition. Because it is water soluble, it needs to be consumed daily to keep the body supplied with the proper amount. Eat fresh citrus fruits or taking a vitamin C supplement. Recommended doses range between 1,000-3,000 mg daily.
3. You might try using double-strength herbal sage tea as a hair rinse or apply to the scalp every day as a tonic. An Asian remedy for hair loss – rub sesame oil on your scalp every night, cover with a cap or old towel; in the morning wash with a good herbal shampoo and rinse with a solution of one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in one quart of water. There is the garlic oil remedy for hair loss – at bedtime, puncture two garlic pearles, squirt the oil on the scalp, massage, cover with a cap, shampoo and rinse in the morning.
4. Rosemary oil. It is a very strong hair growth stimulant, which can be massaged directly into your scalp (if you have sensitive skin, you can add some Jojoba oil) after washing your hair. It is quite safe remedy (which, however, must not be used by pregnant women) and in few months its effects must be noticeable.
5. Adequate iron is necessary for proper oxygenation of the blood and contributes to increased circulation in the scalp. Eat foods high in iron to prevent hair loss such as raisins, apricots, green leafy vegetables, liver and whole grains.
6. A mixture of 4 ounces of apple vinegar and 10 drops of sage essential oil improves the condition of your scalp and helps to create a very good environment for hair re-growth. Rub this mixture into your scalp and keep it for 30 minutes, then use your shampoo. Remember that this procedure can have some slight drying effects on your scalp.
Author is an online medical researcher on hair loss treatment. Click read more on hair loss treatment, remedies for female hair loss.