Blackheads, a form of acne vulgaris, are the result of exposure to dirt and pollution, and excessive sebum or oil secretion by the skin. Blackheads are medically termed as open comedo. It is a very common skin ailment troubling people at puberty or immediately after puberty. Actually with the onset of puberty, hormone levels rise in our body, and a hormonal by-product called DHT or dihydrotestosteron, causes the sebaceous glands of the skin to get stimulated. The over-activated glands produce sebum or oil generously, thereby clogging the pores of the skin.
The accumulated sebum in skin pores occur in the form of tiny bumps on the skin. When exposed to dirt, smoke and pollution, the bumps or balls of accumulated sebum become black, and acquire the name of blackheads. Blackheads are actually composed of keratin, sebum and at times melanin.
Home Remedies for Blackheads
Following are some of the simple, effective and natural remedies to remove blackheads. Get flawless skin with below home remedies.
1. Bentonite clay or seaweed clay mask or even fuller’s earth mask helps a lot in tackling the problem of blackheads. The mask absorbs the oil in the clogged pores.
2. A paste of fresh fenugreek leaves may be applied on skin, left for 15 minutes and then washed off with lukewarm water. This is an effective home remedy for blackheads.
3. A paste made out of 5 grams of red sandalwood powder, 5 grams of turmeric and some milk may be applied on skin to cleanse clogged pores.
4. Scrubbing the affected area with a home-made scrub containing salt, honey and lemon juice helps to drag out the dirt and sebum deposits blocking the pores.
5. A mixture of groundnut oil and fresh lime juice may be applied on blocked pores. This will enlarge pores, make the deposits soft and allow easy extraction.
6. Application of beaten egg white on skin is an effective home remedy for blackheads.
7. Applying a paste of honey and cinnamon powder also allows easy removal of blackheads.
Hope these natural home remedies will help you to get rid of blackheads naturally at the comfort of your home without any side effects.
Copyright © Ryan Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article.