For the most part, we get signals and warnings long before things happen, when it comes to our health. Are there exceptions to this? By all means, there are. However, today we’re not talking about the exceptions.
Just like we have warnings when something is wrong with our cars, we have warnings when something is wrong with our physical, mental or spiritual health.
It appears easier to ignore health warnings, than car warnings. Once something happens to your car, you’re forced to look at it, or your car may not run. We have a tendency to think our bodies are infallible.
Fortunately or unfortunately, our miraculous bodies keep going, no matter what damage we do to them…until they stop! And we damage them both consciously and unconsciously day in and day out:
1) We eat way too much meat.
2) We drink way too little water.
3) We fail to take herbs…nature’s medicine, on a daily basis.
4) We never cleanse out inward ‘toxins’.
5) We eat few raw fruits and vegetables…the actual nutrients are bodies ‘thrive on’ and must have to run at maximum.
6) We eat sweets like it’s no tomorrow.
7) We pour MSG, salt and preservatives all over our foods, in excess.
8) We act as though ‘movement’, ‘exercise’, or ‘getting out in the fresh air’ is akin to a prison term.
9) When we get pain and signals in our bodies, we ignore the more serious parts, until they’re ‘dire’, or next to impossible to repair.
10) We take pharmaceutical drugs, thinking pills can fix symptoms, based on our absolute neglect of the body and the mind, expecting ‘instant’ fixes and failing to do our own research on ‘true wellness and healing’.
11) We take better care of our THINGS, than we do of ourselves…the one and only ‘body and mind’ we have.
So, the questions still remains, how do we become more aware of daily wellness and scary health warnings in our lives? You don’t have to give up everything!
Can we alter our diets slightly to feel better everyday? Of course, we can. Some people are ‘either/or’ type of people. If they eat meat and people start talking about not eating meat, they think that means all the time.
The point is simply to change some things in ways that feel comfortable to you.
* Instead of eating meat 7 days a week, do 5
* Instead of drinking 6 glasses of soda a day, drink 3 waters (simply cut it in half)
* Instead of having sugary cereals or pastries everyday, eat a fruit bowl or a fruit smoothie with REAL fruit a few days a week
In other words, make adjustments by cutting ‘not so nutritious’ foods in half, or adding ‘tasty nutritious foods’ more than normal. Anyone can do that! You’re not giving up anything, you’re simply changing ‘your diet strategy’ so you won’t feel crappy all the time. And I believe most people feel pretty crappy, based on how they take care of themselves, a lot of the time. Some people have no idea they even feel crappy. That’s pretty sad!
This one’s tricky! There’s a subtitle that goes along with an ad (from years ago) about attending historically black colleges, that says, “a mind is a terrible thing to waste,” and how true this is.
Minds need nurturing and care, just like bodies do. My belief and opinion is that minds thrive from ‘positive’ input from other people, from our environments, and from the inner worlds we live in, when we self-talk.
If we focus on the situations that train our minds, exercise our minds, improve our minds, inspire our minds, motivate our minds and enable our minds to be filled with great thoughts and ideas, we’re doing our part.
If we’re not doing any of these things (for the mind), we’re depriving and stifling our minds of their greatest possibilities. So ask yourself: “What are you doing to nurture your mind, everyday?”
Nurturing your spirit is, without a doubt, your most important mission. Your spirit drives the rest of you. When your spirit is not nourished, everything else goes to the dogs, so to speak.
People nourish their spirits in thousands of ways:
* Some love to read motivational and inspirational books.
* Some have a passion for music.
* Some have a passion for art, dance, or drama.
* Some soak up nature like it’s their ‘water’.
* Some spirits have to have excitement.
* Some spirits have to travel.
* Some spirits relish in freedom from restrictive laws and a mundane way of life.
* Some spirits go to church.
* Some spirits believe helping others is like breathing; they must do it.
* Some spirits believe parenting is their calling.
* Some spirits are fed by just enjoying life to the maximum.
* Some spirits feel the best running businesses.
* Some spirits feel fantastic at the gym; others at Yoga; others at Tai Chi.
Spirits know what makes them feel ‘the brightest and the best’ of who they are. The bottom line is getting a whole lot more TLC just for you. This is the key that opens all the doors…the key of the spirit who lives within you.
So, scary health warnings would be next to nothing, if we focused on all the aspects of nature we came into this world with…our bodies, minds, and spirits. These three must have our attention. When we’re not paying attention to all three aspects of ourselves, we’re off track…getting sick, being depressed, being unhappy and acting downright ‘crazy’ having no idea what’s wrong.
So there you have it. Now you know.
Thought for the Day: “Most people don’t know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don’t get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life.” -Brian Andreas
Janeska Smith, C.Ht., Personal Wellness Coach & Creator of Healthy Notes 4 U
#98 – Copyrighted Article – 6/14/09
JaneskaTherapy – Empowering The Whole Person
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org